Friday, November 16, 2012

Christmas is upon us

Where has the time gone??  Just the other day I was getting ready for Mitchell's 3rd birthday party, then suddenly Branston turned 14 and now it is the middle of November!!  Time is just moving too fast.  SLOW DOWN!!

Anyway, I am taking part in the blogger secret santa gift thingy organised by Stiletto Mom.  I don't know if I really qualify to be a blogger, maybe a blogger's left toe, since I hardly ever post anything.  So now I am supposed to tell my secret Santa what kind of things I like.  Oy, this is soooo difficult, I really am useless at this kind of thing.  Let me start with what I don't like, though it may not be very useful.

I DON'T LIKE:
  • Bath goodies eg bath salts, foams, oil etc.  It disagrees with me.  Though a nice smelling body lotion is ok.
  • Earrings and rings.  My ears get sore even with gold earrings and I only ever wear the rings my hubby gave me. 
  • I am not a floral or frilly kind of person.
  • Chocolates or sweets.  Well, I do like them but am on a major mission to lose weight right now.
  • Photo frames.  I like them, I just have too many waiting for photos right now.
I LIKE:
  • Bracelets and necklaces.  Anything modernish.  I quite like costume jewellery but usually only wear it for special occasions, otherwise I forget to put it on.
  • But I do need a decent jewellery box/holder (not those figurines that go on the dressing table though) as mine is broken and in the cupboard which is probably why I never wear jewellery as it is a mission to get out.  I like those that hang inside the cupboard.
  • I like books.  I read a lot, but not as much as I used to as the family keeps me quite busy.  I like a good murder mystery or action book or a Jodi Picoult type of book.  I am busy reading the Game of Thrones series, that kind of fantasy story is also fun to read.  I read 50 Shades, was not particularly enthralled.
  • I scrapbook or should I say I used to, I haven't had time to do it in a while but really want to get back into it.
  • I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 which needs a cover but those are a bit on the pricy side!!  I'll have to hint to the hubby and kids to get me one for Christmas.  But any accessories will do.
  • Anything gimmicky but am not much of a cook so probably nothing for the kitchen.
  • Hmmm, running out of ideas here but I suppose I have done better than I thought I would.  I suppose my blog doesn't give too many clues, given that I am not very good at blogging these days.
  • Oh, maybe a good low kilojoule recipe book - but easy recipes, as I said I am not good in the kitchen.
Ok, that was that, hope it helped!

1 comment:

  1. I see you are blogging almost as often as me.. hee, hee - well done for starting up again! Hugs, Lucy

    ReplyDelete