Monday, May 21, 2012

Mishka, Mooshka.....

I think we have the theme for Mitchell's birthday party this year.  He is totally Mickey Mouse verskrik(nuts about it for non-SA folk).  From the minute he opens his eyes till he closes them again all he wants is to watch Mickey Mouse on Disney Junior.  His Oupa is visiting us for a while and he fetches him from school so as soon as they get home MM (funny, same as his initials!) has to get put on.  Well, if he wants any peace he will put it on, this child is determined!  I know we are guilty of letting him get his own way far too much and he is watching faaaar too much TV but this child is really persistent and sometimes if we want to get anything done around the house ie start supper, Branston's homework etc then MM it has to be!!  Lucky we have PVR so we can record a few episodes just in case it is not on at the right time.  But no, this week we have to take a stand!!  We will take our TV back!  Hmmm, easier said than done...

Another cute Mitchellism of the moment:  He is saying man at the end of every sentence. 'I want a bottie, man', 'Move out the way, man'(if we're blocking MM on TV), 'I don't want to bath, man' - you get the idea.  I must really write down all the cute things he says and does, as now I want to tell you all and I can't remember anything (I know, I know, it's age).

Branston is studying (supposed to be) for exams.  They start on Friday, his first in the new school.  It is such a struggle to get him to take any initiative at all in studying (or anything for that matter), I wish I could just find what would motivate him to willingly put in a bit of effort without having to nag!  Oh well, the joys, and to think just as he leaves school, Mitchell will be starting!!  What did we dooooo!!!!

I would like to say a huge big thank you to those who have donated to the Victoria Roof Fund so far, we are going great guns and are almost halfway!  Yayy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment